The Chief Services Officer (CSO) is a strong operations leadership position advocating for exceptional customer experience for all stakeholders. This position is accountable for delivering premier experiences through established best-practice operations and diverse professionals across the globe. Leads the development and execution based on data analytics to incorporate Life Long Learning through YPO touch points from events to digital platforms to customer services.
This operations leadership position oversees all events, stakeholder services and security. Effectively manages the development, planning, directing and coordination across the entire organization for exceptional customer experiences. Develops culture of outstanding operations and engages associates to deliver reliably through established best practices and adapt in a changing work environment. Responsible for working across all member governance committees and the management organization ensure Life Long Learning is incorporated into all events/experiences. This position is part of the senior leadership team, is the management liaison to the Flagship Events Committee and manages an annual budget of USD35M+.
Other duties and responsibilities
• Establishes and fully implements operational best practices aligned to YPO’s long-term strategic goals and objectives.
• Brings forth thought leadership to challenge the status quo and customer experiences for innovative and exciting approaches.
• Oversees and ensures the alignment of YPO events to the Life Long Learning focus and planned capacity to serve the global membership across all distribution channels and communities of interest.
• Leads, develops and motivates a high performance team
• Defines a system of best practices consistent with YPO’s long-term strategic goals/objectives.
• Serves as a member of senior leadership team, collaborating with other team members to define and achieve organizational objectives. Shares, implements and educates associates on best operational practices across functions and throughout the organization.
• Operates within and achieves budgetary requirements and financial metrics for events/customer experiences and Corporate Services.
• Ensure compliance with all facets of YPO’s published Policy & Procedures, Code of Conduct, overall values and applicable laws.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to simplify actions in complex situations. Has strong background in data-driven operations.
• Proven process design, implementation and continual improvement experience with an aspect of quality – either Six Sigma or related methodology.
• Ability to build consensus and achievements among disparate parties and interests.
• Proven business acumen and emotional intelligence as an operations/executive leader as demonstrated by prior results.
• Strong human relations and communications skills, including the ability to sublimate personal ego for the good of the organization.
• Excellent personal presence and appearance along with a good sense of humor for the chief executive contacts who are critical to success in this position.
• Natural curiosity to learn more and a distinct entrepreneurial attitude.
• Multi-cultural sensitivity and success in multi-cultural environments.
Minimum of 15 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in operational positions, including experience in a service organization and oversight of at least 75 people including multiple senior level direct reports.
Strong experience in managing well run operations with continual improvement and scalable execution. Progressive experience with programming and education for chapter based executive level associations or communities.
Known for analyzing competitive landscapes and developing global member engagement/marketing plans for educational event attendance and take-up of thought leadership in the highly competitive executive education space.
Successful experience reporting and/or leading boards or committees.
Proven track record in implementing and managing new technologies for data gathering, process efficiencies and product planning based upon data.
Bachelor’s degree required.
MBA, Six Sigma blackbelt and CMP certification preferred
Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 40%.