The Salesforce Technologies Director is a key member of the IT Leadership team, and has overall responsibility for defining the technical architecture and facilitating the technical evolution of a suite of integrated Salesforce-based software products and platforms designed to integrate systems and simplify processes. The role demands the skills and experience of a seasoned technology leader who is passionate about using state-of-the-art Salesforce technologies to build platforms and products, and who is capable of leveraging existing capabilities and platforms in an optimal way to deliver exceptional service and create a flawless end user experience.
The director routinely exhibits a high degree of talent with new and emerging Salesforce technologies, and must provide strong leadership too.
• Guide a highly skilled technical team in the development of robust industry-leading software products and user-centric solutions.
• Build on-top of Salesforce cloud platforms as the core development and integration platform to bring disparate clinical capabilities and systems together.
• Design REST APIs, Platform Events based messages, and other interface methods to enable flexible integration with other systems of disparate technologies and inherent integration capabilities.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, product management, and others across IT by clearly articulating the target technical environment and direction, and ensuring compliance with those parameters.
• Ensure that capabilities are implemented securely congruent with the standards.
• Assure consistency, reusability, and deep integration.
• Meet all business and member requirements that may impact architectural elements of the product suite.
• Ensure that the product teams are apprised of relevant technology advancements, and facilitate discussions related to the general application of new and emerging concepts, tools, products and platforms.
• Leadership skills and ability to synthesize and integrate ideas and information to integrate ideas, influence, partner, build consensus and foster strategic trusted advisor relationships with members and all levels of the organization.
• Superior ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships across boundaries to align on solutions.
• Significant experience designing cloud-based software solutions for AWS, Azure or comparable environments.
• Significant experience with APIs, web services, and general integration challenges and solutions.
• Significant hands-on experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) platforms, and ideally the MuleSoft platform.
• Significant experience in Agile and/or Kaizen environments.
• Working knowledge of information security in a global organization.
• A proven track record of leadership and mentoring.
• Ability to quickly and continually learn and adopt new technologies.
• Ability to effectively manage trade-off decisions, prioritize competing opportunities, balance member and internal stakeholder needs with business priorities, manage cross functional expectations and clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions.
• Ability to effectively lead, build and manage a high performing team.
• Ability to work within ambiguity and frequently changing environment while bringing a sense of calm to the team, leading them through high priority and impactful delivery.
• Analytical with extremely high judgement, structured thinking and problem solving to ensure solutions for the highest opportunity areas.
• 10+ years of hands-on experience as an architect or developer of commercial cloud-based software products.
• 5+ years of hands-on Salesforce architecture and development in a lead capacity; deep expertise in leveraging Salesforce technologies – Lightening, Salesforce APIs.
• 5+ years of experience developing highly effective teams with large, complex programs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Skilled Salesforce Developer, Administrator and Architect-level Certifications highly desirable.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and peers in multiple time zones.
• Ability to work for extended hours at a computer screen.
• Willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, without restrictions, approximately 2-3 times per year.
How many associates are supervised directly? 11
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 5+