This position plays a critical role on the global Concierge Team. The team provides high touch, timely service 24/7 with a hospitality mindset (it’s a privilege to serve).
Our Member Guidance Specialist is a service advocate dedicated to guiding high touch interactions by actively listening to member needs, providing timely solutions and facilitating valuable member connections across the YPO suite of products and services.
What You Bring to the Role:
1. Self-confident: You can communicate professionally and confidently with CEOs across the globe.
2. Listening is an art form: You understand the value of listening and love collecting more information than just the words that are being said.
3. Highly communicative: You believe that many issues and challenges do not even arise if you listen and communicate well.
4. Attention to detail: You believe that no detail is trivial and thrive on feedback to hone skills that allow you to contribute to YPO’s mission of lifelong learning.
5. Learning: You thrive on advancing your skills and knowledge and have done your share of self-learning. You can adapt quickly based on the needs of the company or Chairman and you have a strong commitment to growth through learning new things.
6. Problem solver: You understand when it’s time to take a step back and evaluate how to best solve a given (expected or unexpected) challenge. No matter what went wrong, you believe there is a solution, and you are going to find it fast.
7. Reliable and Professional: Within just a few short weeks the team you’re working with will build high-level confidence in you. You have an unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
8. Writing skills: You might not be published author, but you enjoy writing well and capturing critical details and elements of a discussion to track the main points.
9. Technology is fun: You seek and embrace new technologies and share your learnings to advance process, data and connectivity from a service and efficiency mindset.
10. Collaboration: YPO’s primary customer is the member. Customers may also be colleagues, vendors and partners. Seek to understand customer needs, desired outcomes and experiences by listening and engaging.
• Communicating with members via Live chat, WhatsApp, SMS, Email, and telephone.
• Providing timely and accurate case solutions according to established service level agreements.
• Reviewing and staying up to date on the newest Knowledge Base articles to ensure understanding of most current information provided about YPO products and services as well as other information shared by internal subject matter experts.
• Utilizing technology to share best practices and learnings across the teams.
• Track trends to aggregate recommendations for YPO products & services, teams and committees.
• Continuous technology learning.
• Additional responsibilities as subsequent phases come online.
• Capture notes in designated CRM system.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural organization with international members, helping them achieve excellence in voluntary roles for YPO initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong diplomacy skills with the ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of associates, members and vendors. Adaptable, insightful, empathetic and reliable. Great sense of humor and humility.
• Able to maintain discretion and integrity of confidential information.
• Resourceful and able to work independently with initiative and common sense. Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills with the ability to focus on varied projects simultaneously.
• Possesses a distinct global mindset, sensitive to local and international customs and protocols.
• Demonstrate empathy through active listening and asking the right questions to find the source of an issue.
• Able to identify problems, research alternatives, provide solutions and/or resolve issues in a timely manner. Anticipates member/internal client needs and delivers with clarity.
• Analytical thinker with ability influence and guide processes with appropriate approach and execution. Natural curiosity and desire to learn more; proficiency and interest in applying new technologies and tools.
• Heightened awareness and understanding of YPO as an organization, team and collection of products and services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading, with a meticulous attention to detail. Adjusts communication style appropriately to the audience.
• Professional presence, appearance, and stature to interact easily with YPO members, C-level executives and peers at all levels within the organization.
• 3+ years of experience in a front-line global services position.
• Proven experience in supporting, stewarding and executing multiple stakeholder goals and deliverables.
• Membership or association experience preferred, with an understanding of governance structures helpful.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.