Responsible for all accounting, investments, banking, purchase order, global payments and contract processing for YPO. Sets the strategic direction for accounting and treasury support.
• Acts as an advisor to the management organization and senior leadership team on corporate strategic initiatives, accounting, banking, contract processes, and global payments.
• Partners with the CFO and Finance Director on all aspects of financial controls, processes and compliance.
• Leads a high performing virtual team accountable for four distinct areas: accounting, banking, contract process and tax.
• Oversees accurate and timely financial and tax reporting for the organization.
• Safeguards the organization through compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Safeguards the organization through compliance with various tax and compliance requirements.
• Oversees global banking and investment relationships.
• Oversees the credit card processing relationship.
• Maximizes returns and limit risks by managing cash and investment balances daily.
• Provides financial leadership, guidance and coaching to departments across YPO.
• Authorized representative for accurate payment processing on behalf of the organization.
• Reviews and approve all contracts executed by the organization <$50,000.
• Oversees the contracting process for the organization.
• Oversees the financial systems of the organization.
• Safeguards the organization through leadership and guidance of the finance team members to understand and adhere to the board approved Policies and Procedures.
• Works with the CFO and Finance Committee as required.
• Leadership skills and ability to connect the dots, integrate ideas, influence, partner, build consensus and foster strategic trusted adviser relationships with members and all levels of the organization.
• Superior ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships across boundaries to align on solutions.
• Ability to quickly and continually learn (processes, technologies, content, etc….).
• Analytical and logical orientation and ability to translate financial detail into useful management information for non-financial users.
• Proven ability to write complex analytical documents and discussion papers that lead the reader to a conclusion or recommendation.
• Ability to effectively manage trade-off decisions, prioritize competing opportunities, balance member and internal stakeholder needs with business priorities, manage cross functional expectations and clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions.
• Ability to effectively lead, build and manage a high performing team.
• Ability to work within ambiguity and frequently changing environment while bringing a sense of calm to the team, leading them through high priority and impactful delivery.
• Analytical with extremely high judgement, structured thinking and problem solving to translate financial details into useful management information for non-financial colleagues.
• Proven ability to write complex analytical documents that lead the reader to a conclusion or recommendation.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills with Expert level in Excel.
• Possess a natural curiosity and a good sense of humor.
• 15+ years progressive financial/accounting experience.
• 10+ years experience in managerial roles.
• Global financial, banking, payments, credit card and contracting systems experience preferred.
• College Degree in Finance, Accounting or Law (or equivalent experience).
• MBA Preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and team members in multiple time zones.
• Ability to work for extended hours at a computer screen.