YPO is focused on finding a passionate, experienced Senior UX/UI Designer who thrives in a collaborative environment to deliver outstanding digital experiences that delight our elite member base of global business leaders. Our Senior UX/UI Designer will partner with product and development teams in a dynamic, Agile environment to ideate, wire, prototype and design impeccable interfaces for web and mobile apps.
Finding the correct candidate is critical. Our open, honest culture is ready to embrace you only if all the following characteristics apply:
• You are most effective in the space between impeccable design and technology, where true transformation happens and problems are actually solved.
• You design with a purpose, delivering elegantly simple digital experiences to help our members achieve their goals and our product teams achieve their business objectives.
• Your empathy is grounded in our membership but extends to collaborating, mentoring and sharing knowledge within and beyond your team.
• You are a servant leader – adept at presenting new ideas, comfortable managing multiple projects independently, over-communicating to ensure alignment with your business owners and delivering quality results on time.
• Design, wire, prototype, communicate and collaborate to develop impeccable experiences across responsive web, mobile app, email and other digital channels
• Partner with product portfolio leaders to translate storyboards, wireframes and requirements into omnichannel design
• Collaborate across the digital services team to evaluate product requirements and incorporate research and strategy into integrated digital design solutions
• Collaborate with product managers and engineers to identify and troubleshoot design issues and to ensure projects stay on track and on spec
• Coordinate active design projects, working directly with contract designers to ensure quality, on-time delivery
• Employ a user-focused mindset to advocate for the user throughout the design process
• Independently succeed, taking ownership of your work and responsibilities for every detail and every step along the way• Create and grow the digital style guide, including typography, color, layout, graphics, visual effects, imagery, iconography, texture and mood
• Positively contribute to our design philosophies and enforce visual design consistency
• Understand user pain points, validate solutions and refine designs
• Promote cross-functional best-practices, emphasizing usability and experience concepts
• Contribute to a collaborative culture within the group while setting standards for execution and operational excellence
• Mastery of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other wireframing, prototyping and design tools
• Functional knowledge of HTML and CSS, understanding how design translates to code
• Impeccable time management, including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Expert communication skills, including the ability to convey cogent, compelling business cases to peers and senior leadership
• Adept at adapting, comfortable with ambiguity
• Experience with multimedia design highly preferred
• 7+ years designing consumer-focused products for web and mobile applications
• 5+ years working with front-end development teams and data-driven features
• 3+ years coordinating the intake and delivery of other designers’ work
• Mobile-first design approach
• Strong portfolio of omnichannel digital projects
• Comfortable working with Agile teams
• Understanding of front-end development and database-driven functionality
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, human-centered interaction or related discipline; else, equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed with flexibility to travel domestically and internationally less than 10%