The Senior Manager, Global Communications serves as the strategic marketing communications partner for the YPO Chairman, Office of the CEO, and Membership department as a member of the global marketing communications department. This leader will plan, write and deliver strategic organization communications in service of annual strategic goals of YPO, and is responsible for working directly with officers and senior leaders to personally craft organization communications plans, conceptualize and write executive and leadership communications, manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and collaborate with all marketing centers of excellence to deliver timely and effective organization communications while carefully managing YPO’s perceived value and positive impact among members.
• Partner with officers and senior leaders in the Office of the Chairman, Office of the CEO and Membership department in planning, writing, presenting and delivering strategic communications in service of annual strategic goals of the organization.
• Conceptualize and write all forms of executive, leadership and organization communications.
• Lead, develop and mentor a team of marketing communications partners equipped to deliver exceptional and timely service to internal stakeholders.
• Manage member-facing marketing and communications plans from ideation to delivery to reporting.
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
• Collaborate as a thought leader with the marketing communications leadership on all matters of organization communications, public/media relations and crisis communications.
• Effectively leverage YPO global and regional communications channels and platforms to distribute organization communications.
• Support marketing communications leadership and members of the YPO CART (Crisis Action Response Team) as needed to strategize on internal and crisis communications situations and deliver communications to audiences as needed.
• Create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Ability to effectively build, coach, lead and manage a high performing team.
• Leadership skills and ability to synthesize and integrate ideas and information to influence, partner, build consensus and foster strategic trusted advisor relationships with members and all levels of the organization.
• Superior ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships across boundaries to align on solutions and build meaningful relationships with all levels of associates, members and vendors. Adaptable, insightful, empathetic and reliable.
• Ability to effectively manage trade-off decisions, prioritize competing opportunities, balance member and internal stakeholder needs with business priorities, manage cross functional expectations and clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions.
• Ability to work within ambiguity and frequently changing environment while bringing a sense of calm to the team, leading them through high priority and impactful delivery.
• Analytical with extremely high judgement, structured thinking and problem solving to ensure solutions for the highest opportunity areas.
• Able to maintain discretion and integrity of confidential information.
• Possesses a distinct global mindset, sensitive to local and international customs and protocols.
• 10+ years of experience in public relations/communications positions within a marketing agency and/or corporate communications department.
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing a global team.
• Background with business/corporate communications. Knowledge of print, digital, broadcast and social media.
• Strong writing/editorial, public/media relations, content development/distribution background.
• Crisis and strategic communications planning and execution.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and team members in multiple time zones.
• Ability to work for extended hours at a computer screen.
• Willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, without restrictions, approximately 5-7 times per year.